Meet The Team
Mr. Jerel McCants AIA, LEED Green Assoc.
Mr. Jerel McCants established Jerel McCants Architecture, Inc. in 2009. Mr. McCants has experience in many building types including Municipal, Educational, High-rise condominiums, Cultural and Residential.
Mr. McCants mission is to contribute to innovative architectural design and construction methods to residential and commercial markets as a Managing Principal based on his ability to direct staff members and communicate effectively with clients and contractors.
Mr. McCants believes that design is an action that is expressed: an act of many different disciplines uniting in a common cause which he terms “Responsive Architecture”. His mix of small, medium and large (S,M,L) projects has allowed him to maintain a steady firm standing and consistent viability in the global marketplace.
Mr. Terry T. Miller brings over 34 years in architecture and construction, that ranged from project designer to project architect within architectural firms in the Tampa Bay area. His work experience includes all phases, from project inception through project completion and close-out. His extensive previous experience in the construction industry has proven to be invaluable in understanding the architectural and construction process in delivering the built environment.
Terry’s main area of responsibility within the firm is in management/oversight which includes: Coordination and directing practice efforts in design, technical specifications and construction administration. He provides his extensive experience and skill set in the solution and problem solving skills of what it takes to deliver the built environment in an efficient, value-added, and pragmatic manner.
Mr. Manuel Alvarino
Mr. Manuel is a native of Cuba and has lived in the United States for over 10 years. He has worked as an intern while in Cuba before coming to the U.S. to further his education. Currently, he is enrolled in Architectural Studies at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Manuel has an extensive range of experience in commercial renovation and residential. He has a multitude of experience in computer rendering and modeling with an advanced knowledge of multiple graphic software platforms. His abilities has added an extra dimension to our office environment.
Need Help Designing Your Next Project?
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
- American Institute of Architects, Tampa Bay Chapter State Director
- Hillsborough County Affordable Housing Advisory Board, Member
- Friends of Tampa Union Station, Board Member
- ACE Mentor Program, Mentor Team Leader
- Certificate in Community Real Estate Development, University of South Florida, Tampa
- Masters of Architecture, University of South Florida, Tampa
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, Tennessee State University, Nashville
- OSD, State of Florida Minority, Women & Service Disabled Veteran Business Certification
- Aviation Authority, Florida Unified Certification Program, DBE for all USDOT federal aid projects
- U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Certified Business
- New York